Take the first step in your dive career and become a Divemaster. Working closely with instructors, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. Training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Work at local dive centres, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations, assist Instructors with students
- Lead Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify Skin Divers
- Teach Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What do I need to start?
- Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 40 logged dives
- 18 years old
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- Internships with our talented and experienced instructors
How long will it take?
On average the Divemaster program is approximately 3-5 weeks, depending how quickly you complete the Knowledge Development.
Equipment packages are available.
What to expect
- What your role and responsibilities are as a PADI Divemaster
- How to plan, organize and direct dives
- How to assist instructors during training sessions
- How to put your knowledge into action through on-the-job training
What you can do
- As a Divemaster, you will be able to lead recreational divers on dives.
- As a Divemaster, you will be able to assist with training student divers.
- As a Divemaster, you will be able to conduct refresher sessions.
- The next step is the Padi Assistant Instructor Course or other Specialties.
- Check out our Course Flowchart
- At least 18 years old
- A PADI Rescue diver
- Logged more than 20 dives to start the course
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certified – check out our 4-in-1 Divermaster package deal
How to Sign Up
Register Online and pick dates on our dive schedule
Come down to Bubba Dive to make Payment
Pick up your manual so you can start learning about Scuba Diving.
If you really love the feel of scuba diving, after your Discover Scuba, you can move onto the PADI Open Water Diver Course where you will learn much more about scuba diving as well as earn the most basic and popular scuba diving certification in the world.